Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hurry up and get back for Lunch!

ok, so as usual, things did not go according to plan.
I hopped in the back of the bus and slept while dad made his way through Toronto and promptly broke down at about 7:30AM. That was after having driven since 5 so we could cross the border before 9.
Now it is 1 in the afternoon and we are cleaning the truck and moving things from the van. The Truck will require waay more grease to get there and back but Dad knows some people we might be able to fill up with, depending on where we are and when.
I am happy to be doing the trip without Fluffy, but the lack of luxury will be obvious very soon once we make due without: electric fridge with freezer, sunroof, pop top, double bed, laptop/swing out kitchen table, turn around bucket seats, insulated cork carpeted floors, fully loaded kitchen with cupboards, sink, working water, closets for storage and did I mention the bed?
But we will make due in our half RedNeck Mobile, THE BEAST is a mighty fine ride in and of itself... it just sucks to sleep on a couch for a week in an apartment the size of a gas station bathroom with your dad while driving for 12 hours a day. Good thing we boiled eggs ahead of time eh?
It should be fun though, THE BEAST offers many things Fluffy does not, and the unbelievable distance you can make on a single tank is astounding, Nebraska here we come!
Well I best help with the cleaning and the repacking, that way I can find the camera!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE technology! Great to see you guys on video today, thanks for calling. I gave the garden a good water today, picked two snow peas and put out all the garbage, a pretty regular Monday night. Jake and I are fine, look forward to the next edition on your blog and my next skype call.
    Love you, xo xo

    ReplyDelete